Please Wait a Moment

Collegiate Handbook

Steps to Graduation with Honors

The Chapter Sponsor should complete the following steps to grant Graduation with Honors to their students:

  1. Review all student records: Document points and GPA and complete a Junior/Secondary Graduation with Honors Rubric for each student. You do not need to turn these in to NDEO.
  2. Confirm previous Induction of all Graduation with Honor Students: Make sure all students have been previously inducted into NHSDA. If they have not, see the above Steps for Induction. All students must be inducted before receiving Graduation with Honors. It is recommended that these be spread out by a few semesters to allow students adequate time to complete the additional points and writing sample. However, if this is not possible, students who have met the requirements for Graduation with Honors may be Inducted and then immediately apply for Graduation with Honors. 
  3. Log in to the NHSDA Portal in your NDEO account to grant students Graduation with Honors status. Please note that the students do not have to reapply online for Graduation with Honors. 
    • Log in to your NDEO Account to grant students Graduation with Honors
    • Click on Manage NHSDA Chapter(s) in your Dashboard  
    • On the next page click on Manage Chapters  
    • Click on the chapter where you would like to process Graduation with Honors  
    • Click on the Blue INDUCT STUDENTS HERE button at the top of the page. You will see a list of students who have applied for induction or who are able to receive Graduation with Honors.  
    • Enter the GPA and Points in the boxes provided for the corresponding student you are giving Graduation with Honors  
    • Select the type of induction you would like give the student: Graduation with Honors ($22.50) or Induction + Graduation with Honors ($30.50)* and then click on the Pay Fee? checkbox next to the names of students you are giving Graduation with Honors  
    • Click on ADD ALL CHECKED INDUCTIONS TO CART. A pop-up will appear and you can either induct more students, add cords/pins to your cart, or check out  
    • OPTIONAL: Below the list of names, you will be able to add pins and cords to your order. Add the quantity you would like to order and click ADD TO CART. Once you have added the correct number of pins and cords (optional step), click GO TO CART AND CHECKOUT.  
    • Your Shopping Cart will appear, please check to make sure nothing is missing and at this time you can select if you would like the items to be billed to chapter so the institution will be listed on the invoice. Students will not be recieve Graduation with Honors until the fees are paid.     
    • After making sure everything looks good click the Checkout button at the bottom of the screen. 
    • If you ordered items that will be shipped please fill out the Shipping Information and then click Continue at the bottom of the page   
    • In the Payment section you can pay with Credit Card or you can click on Bill Me if you need to get the invoice approved before paying. Students will not be inducted until the fees are paid. Follow the on screen directions for Bill Me to print the invoice. Outstanding invoices can be viewed in your NHSDA portal 
  4. Printing Graduation with Honors Certificates:The option to print the student's certificate will appear after the Graduation with Honors fee has been paid. You also have the option of reprinting your student's certificates.
    • Go back to NHSDA portal 
    • Scroll down to the Student Roster section and find the student whose certificate you would like to print
    • Click on the printer symbol next to their name in the Options column  
    • A new screen will appear with their certificate and you can either save it as a PDF or print it right then
    • Sign each certificate on the Chapter Sponsor signature line: You can hand out the certificates during the induction ceremony or at another convenient time. Don't forget to provide a list of the inductees to appropriate school personnel so that their induction will be noted in student transcripts or other records.