Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Institute For Community Action Training (ICAT)
Thursday, June 21, 2018 to Sunday, June 24, 2018
Gibney Dance Center
280 Broadway (Entrance at 53 Chambers St)
New York, NY 10007
Institute for Community Action Training (ICAT)
Thursday, June 21 - Sunday, June 24
5:30 pm - 8:30 pm (Thursday), 10:00 am - 4:00 pm (Fri - Sun)
Applications required - Deadline to apply is Thursday, May 24 (Limited scholarships are available)
ICAT helps participants mobilize the arts as a vehicle for social change.
Spend a weekend learning time-tested tools to start, build, and expand your own arts and social justice program! Applications are open to dance and social service professionals.
ICAT participants will leave with:
- In-depth knowledge of our four-part program model (details below)
- A working understanding of intimate partner violence and other prevalent social issues
- Techniques to effectively engage target populations and communities
- Tangible workshop aids and resources (sample exercises, session structures, and Take Care Cards™)
- Tips/tools for creating successful partnerships
- Necessary skills for starting/expanding your own arts and social justice program