Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Functional Awareness®: Anatomy In Action
Sunday, January 21, 2018, 10:30 AM until 2:00 PM
Towson University Center for the Arts
Towson , MD
Sunday January 21, 2018, 10:30 AM to 2 PM
Functional Awareness® Strategies for Injury Prevention, Dancer Wellness & Self-Care to Improve Dance Skills
- Understand the role of the dance educator as first responder to student concerns of discomfort and pain.
- Learn the most common injuries seen in dance training and the current treatment protocols for chronic and acute injuries
- Acquire prevention techniques and exercises to mitigate the risk of injury in dance training.
- Develop strategies to integrate the concepts of injury prevention within technical training
- Acquire assessment guidelines for dance educators to distinguish between discomfort from training exertion and pain due to chronic injury.
- Integrate Functional Awareness® strategies to enhance movement potential and improve the dancer’s self-care practices.
Location: Towson University Center for the Arts