Held at the historic Mountain Home Studio, Kentfield, California
Throughout time movement, dance, and the expressive arts have provided individuals and communities with a sense of soulful expression, healing, inspiration and connection with community and spirit. In our lives today, we need to reconnect in these ways.
In this workshop, movement, drawing, poetic narrative, individual and group dance, reflective exchanges, performance and witnessing practices will generate new thresholds of exploration and expression. Away from the distractions of daily life, there will be time to feel and listen deeply to the powerful intelligence of the body, to play and express with imagination through the arts.
Morning sessions will begin with somatic awareness, individual and group movement exploration to tune the physical body to sensation and feeling. Afternoon sessions will facilitate creative encounters with the art mediums of dance, drawing, spoken and written narrative in explorations of relevant themes and personal life experiences.
- Develop body/mind awareness and connection
- Expand creative expression through art making
- Learn how movement/dance and expressive arts can be applied to their personal process and professional practices
- Experience improvisation and performance designed for the beginner and the experienced alike
- Explore old material in new ways
- Generate new resources to bring into daily life
This workshop is designed for everyone. No previous experience in dance or art is needed.
For further information about the work and Daria Halprin: www.tamalpa.org
Art materials provided.