An interdisciplinary summer MusiKinesis® course for teachers of Music and Dance
A practical study in the nexus of dance and music designed to inspire you with fresh skills, knowledge and insights.
It’s about opening the ear to hearing elements of dance in music.
It’s about opening the eye to seeing elements of music in dance.
It’s about time… in space and in sound.
Dancers – Take a week to:
- Develop personal musicality and change your approach to dance performance – from the barre to the stage.
- Learn pedagogical techniques for teaching dance students of all ages and levels, improving their sense of music.
- Discover new choreographic ideas for integrating elements of music in sound and in physical form.
- Add to your repertory of teaching ideas, favorite music and personal practices.
Musicians – Take off your shoes and move into a new dimension of music.
- Perceive and perform music with new depth and insights.
- Teach more effectively using ear, mind and body in ways your students will enjoy.
- Approach theory, improvisation and composition from a physical perspective.
- Learn new exercises, games and strategies for developing musicianship.
July 8-12, 2019 • 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Early Registration (through May 31) $285; Thereafter, $325
Maryland CPD Credits: 2
Successful completion of 30 hours also confers Level A MusiKinesis Certification in Music and/or Dance.
Location: UMBC Performing Arts and Humanities Building
Dance Department, Technology Studio — 2nd Floor
1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250