Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If registration is required or recommended, click the 'Register Now' button to start the process.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Best Practices: We Support Learning! Professional Development For Dance Teachers
Monday, July 8, 2019 to Friday, July 12, 2019
167 West 89th Street
New York, NY 10024
A week long opportunity for dance teachers to immerse themselves among fellow educators, share best practices, and further their teaching artistry. All educators welcome, from seasoned faculty to new teachers, community dance practitioners, dance education undergraduates/graduates, dance studio owners, and K-12 teachers.
Monday, July 8 - Friday, July 12, 2019
9:00am - 5:00pm
*Limited space available.
- Observing classes taught by Ballet Hispánico faculty
- Developing class structures and lesson plans for all age groups and levels
- Benchmarks of early-childhood, elementary, middle school, and high school
- The when and how to introduce new concepts
- Culturally responsive pedagogy
- Master class with Dr. Diane Duggan, engaging diverse learners
- Using music to enhance your teaching with an accompanist and a recorded music playlist
- Classroom management in studios, classrooms, and community settings
- Networking with educators in the field
- Teaching absolute beginners to advanced dancers in multiple dance genres
Registration Opens June 1, 2019.
Early Bird Registration from June 1, 2019 - June 15, 2019.
Registration June 16, 2019 - July 1, 2019.
- $385 for NASD/NDEO Members.
Registration closes July 1, 2019.
- $425 NASD/NDEO Members
- Daily Rate $125 (No Early Bird Day Rate)