Jazz Conference Travel Guide
Jazz 2019 ~ Location, Lodging and Travel Information
Jazz Dance: Hybrids, Fusions, Connections, Community
Salve Regina University
Registration & Payment Deadline is 6-30-19
if you Need to Reserve Lodging in an On-Campus Residence Hall
NDEO is providing two discounted lodging options for conference attendees.
Salve Regina Residence Halls
- All conference activities will take place on the Salve Regina Campus.
- Cost: $195 inclusive for three night stay 7/30-8/2 (no tax) in a double/triple/quad occupancy room; $255 inclusive for three night stay 7/30-8/2 in a single occupancy room. Single rooms are VERY limited and available on a first come, first serve basis.
- You may add on additional nights before or after your stay for $65/night.
- To register: Select this add on when you register for the conference.
- Available until 6/30/19 or until rooms are filled.
- 34 Wave Avenue, Middletown, RI 02842
- Cost: $140/night plus tax 7/29-8/1 for single or double occupancy If you wish to stay 8/2 for the Newport Jazz Festival, it is $390/night plus tax 8/2.
- To register: Call hotel directly at 401-847-5330 and request a room for the NDEO Jazz Conference.
- Available until 6/15/19 or until rooms are filled.
- Please note that the hotel is 2.5 miles from Salve Regina campus and takes about 15 minutes to make the trip. The hotel does not have a shuttle bus, so you will need to take a cab, ride share service, or rental car.
The closest airport is TF Green. Sharing a taxi or Uber is the most convenient option to travel from the airport to Salve Regina. Orange Cab offers a shuttle from TF Green to the Newport Visitor Center, and then you can take a trolley to campus. You can make advance reservations on their website. With summer traffic the commute will be at least an hour. There is a $4 toll to cross the Newport bridge (included in shuttle price).
What to Do in Newport
A tourist destination, Newport is filled with shopping, nightlife, and cultural activities. Visit Discover Newport to see all that the area has to offer.
Newport Jazz Festival (8/2-8/4)
Come a few days early and add some music to your jazz experience! Started in 1954, the world famous Newport Jazz Festival brings three full days of music greats to Fort Adams State Park. For information on the festival and ticketing options, click here.