NDEO is pleased to offer Professional Development Scholarships to recognize excellence in the field of dance education, support students in their training, and help educators achieve their career goals through professional development.
In 2020, all scholarship recipients will receive one year of complimentary NDEO Professional Membership, up to twelve weeks worth of online education through the NDEO Online Professional Development Institute (OPDI
)™, and full access to the NDEO 2020 Virtual National Conference
Congratulations to our 2020 Winners!
Adrienne Abdus-Salaam (GA)
Elizabeth Anderson (MT)
Abigail Carter (OH)
Christina Castro-Tauser (PA)
Britta Devitt (FL)
Rachel Dodson (ID)
Crescentia Hubbard (GA)
Molly Schenck (AZ)
Chefiatou Tokou (MA)
Krysten Walker (FL)
Thanks to generous donations to the Thom Cobb Memorial Fund, NDEO is proud to continue the
Dance educators working in K-12 schools, private studios of dance, higher education, performing arts organizations, and other settings are encouraged to apply for a scholarship. Both current NDEO Members and Non-Members may apply.
Applicants should demonstrate their interest in and need for continuing education, their plans for applying what they learn, and why financial assistance is necessary for their continued education. Full application details are outlined below.
Awards Review Process
The NDEO Professional Development Scholarship Committee will "blind" review all scholarship applicants and select scholarship recipients according to the criteria below. All demographic and financial information will be kept confidential.
NDEO is committed to assisting teachers in their professional development and career goals by offering scholarships for applicants who display both financial need and meritorious work. Applicants will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Evidence of financial obstacles that are impacting one’s ability to pursue professional advancement.
- Evidence of how the scholarship will help one reach their personal and professional goals.
- Evidence of how the scholarship will be used to impact one's students, work environment, and/or the field of dance education.
Nomination Form Guidelines
- The applicant should complete the form by the published due date.
- The applicant’s name should be submitted as they wish it to appear on all NDEO printed materials, including the actual award.
- All materials must be submitted via the online form.