Use Discount Code July2021. NOTE: You must sign up and pay for the new membership between July 1 and July 31, 2021 using the promo code above. If you do not pay by July 31st then discount is not valid. Discount may not be applied to previous member sign-ups or renewals.
Begin Constant Contact Active Forms
Who are NDEO Members?
NDEO members are educators, artists, administrators, students, professionals, and advocates working in diverse environments. They represent private schools of dance, preK-12 education, professional preparation programs, performing arts organizations and academies, professional dance companies, colleges and university dance programs, and cultural and community programs. They collectively teach, create, and perform all genres of dance.
NDEO members are diverse in age, gender, socioeconomic status, ability and ethnicity and live in all 50 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and throughout the international community. With diverse backgrounds and interests, NDEO members create a rich community of individuals and institutions dedicated to advancing dance education centered in the arts.
NDEO is a member-driven organization. Members vote, hold office, develop world-class publications, serve on national task force committees, develop student and teacher standards and assessments, choreograph, teach dance and academics, administer dance programs, do research, and a host of other professional activities. To a large extent, members determine the future directions of the organization - and importantly, they make systemic change in the United States in dance education.
Your NDEO membership gives you access to:
- Professional Development opportunities including national and special topic conferences and online courses
- Opportunities for Leadership on Board committees, programs, and initiatives
- Research and Publications exploring the breadth of dance education resources and knowledge
- Standards for dance education teaching and practice
- Awards and Scholarships to deepen your knowledge and celebrate contributions to the field
- A National Honor Society and awards recognition program for exceptional students (institutional members only)
- A Network of leaders and peers eager to share knowledge and best practices
- A National Voice to advocate for dance education in the arts, influence change, and impact policy
Photo credits from top: Photo by Peter Zay, courtesy of Biance Morgan/Charlotte Ballet; Photo by Jennifer Zmuda.