Benefits of State Affiliation
Benefits to the State Affiliate Dance Association:
- NDEO is an excellent resource to State Affiliates in that it provides expertise in research, advocacy, resources, professional development, and business practices.
- NDEO provides dual membership in both state and national organizations at no additional cost. Individual and institutional members literally get two association memberships for the price of one. Dual members receive JODE and associated membership programs and services.
- NDEO maintains state electronic membership and financial databases 24/7 at no additional cost.
- States have the benefit of making labels, generating membership reports and forms, and using the events calendar for state functions at no additional cost.
- NDEO conducts recruitment campaigns for new and renewed members at no additional cost.
- NDEO services help states build capacity and infrastructure at no additional cost.
Benefits to Dual NDEO/State Affiliate Members:
- Vote and hold national office.
- Nominate themselves or colleagues for national awards and Board of Director offices.
- Access the Dance Education Literature and Research descriptive index (DELRdi).
- Receive an annual subscription to the quarterly Journal of Dance Education (JODE).
- Establish a National Honor Society for Dance Arts (NHSDA) chapter.
- Purchase resources and attend national and regional conferences at member price.
- Participate in Special Interest Group (SIG) forums to build community and communicate with colleagues.
- Purchase insurance programs (health, dental, vision and professional liability, etc.) as individual state legislation permits.
- Establish credit card processing to use in business.
- Utilize Print On Demand services.
- Send and receive E-Communications for job announcements, legislation, policy and funding, national/state events, conferences and seminars, new resources, etc.
- Participate on national task force committees geared to impact change in arts and education practice and policy.
- Access professional development opportunities (position papers, standards, assessments, curriculum, legislation, grants, awards, and others).
- Access grants and funding initiatives.
Back to State Affiliates